Friday 16 April 2010

Letter to Borehamwood Times

I felt quite emotive over the upcoming elections and my useless local MP, so have written a letter to my local Newspaper about it:

Dear Sirs

In the run up to this general election I can't help but think it's time for a fresh start for Hertsmere.  Quite frankly James Clappison is out of touch with his constituents.  Over the years I have written to Mr Clappison on a number of relevant subjects at the time which were important to me.  Not once have I ever received a reply.  On two occasions I have also written to Watford's local MP, Clare Ward.  On both occasions I have received a long letter in reply explaining the current Parliamentary stance on the issue and her opinions on it.  And all this with out being one of her constituents.  I am quite frankly baffled by Mr Clappison's rude lack of response.  Maybe it is because I live in the small part of Watford that falls into Hertsmere.  Maybe because his mortgage free main home is in Leeds and his mortgage free second home is in London Colony, rather than in his electorate are of Hertsmere, he has failed to understand that part of Watford does indeed have a say in who will represent Hertsmere in Parliament.  Or maybe, despite the expectation to employ someone to respond on his behalf with his MP wages, and the addition of his extra income from his 22 rental properties in Yorkshire and the additional £102,241 claimed in expense on his second home, he has decided he cannot afford to employ an assistant to reply on his behalf and is far to busy himself.  I am undecided how I will vote in the coming election, but Mr Clappison can rest assured that it will not be for him.

Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I felt quite emotive over the upcoming elections and my useless local MP, so have written a letter to my local Newspaper about it:

Dear Sirs

In the run up to this general election I can't help but think it's time for a fresh start for Hertsmere.  Quite frankly James Clappison is out of touch with his constituents.  Over the years I have written to Mr Clappison on a number of relevant subjects at the time which were important to me.  Not once have I ever received a reply.  On two occasions I have also written to Watford's local MP, Clare Ward.  On both occasions I have received a long letter in reply explaining the current Parliamentary stance on the issue and her opinions on it.  And all this with out being one of her constituents.  I am quite frankly baffled by Mr Clappison's rude lack of response.  Maybe it is because I live in the small part of Watford that falls into Hertsmere.  Maybe because his mortgage free main home is in Leeds and his mortgage free second home is in London Colony, rather than in his electorate are of Hertsmere, he has failed to understand that part of Watford does indeed have a say in who will represent Hertsmere in Parliament.  Or maybe, despite the expectation to employ someone to respond on his behalf with his MP wages, and the addition of his extra income from his 22 rental properties in Yorkshire and the additional £102,241 claimed in expense on his second home, he has decided he cannot afford to employ an assistant to reply on his behalf and is far to busy himself.  I am undecided how I will vote in the coming election, but Mr Clappison can rest assured that it will not be for him.

Yours Truly


This entry was posted on 03:13 and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

 
Made by Lena